Today is one of those days when I woke up and couldn’t move much or speak. Here are some of the ways Barnum has helped me today.
- Helped me take off turtleneck shirt. (New task that still needs a lot of work.)
- Brought my PCA to me — perfectly. (Opened door, ran to her, nudged her, and led her back to me.)
- Pulled off my socks.
- Helped with bathroom transfers.
- Shut bathroom door.
- Took three messages to Betsy.
- Pulled covers down. (Not all the way, but enough to be helpful.)
- Opened and shut the fridge.
- Shut bedroom door.
I think I’m forgetting some things, but the main point is that he is actually helping me now on days I need it. It’s good to be able to practice things and see what is really working and where the holes are that need further training.